Monday, October 31, 2011

Summary

I had a really hard time coming up for an idea for this project. I was thinking too technically, and I'm definitely not a technical thinker. When I thought of Charities Connect, it really was a perfect combination of my love for helping people, my passion for communicating...and my need to have a technical entrepreneur idea for my blog project. What's exciting about it is that I think it could be real. I can't lie and say I didn't have a few fantasies about actually doing this: starting my own company that connects charities online, starting small but eventually hiring a boat load of people, and making a living off of doing this. I think I have the vision and the necessary people skills but make something like this work, but the thought is kind of scary. I think I'll stick to being a writer.  But if I got anything out of this project, it was how important communication over the internet is. Many of the comments I have gotten reflecting that this problem is a real one in the charity world, and it could take the burden off of so many charities to have a service like this. It's comforting to know that in whatever I do, in the 21st century the internet is an undeniably important medium of communication, and if I want to be successful, I should embrace it. 

Here's the blog posts I've commented on:

http://dappersquares.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-big-new-idea.html?showComment=1320109807971#c6807208338336730299

http://erinarose.blogspot.com/2011/09/week-1-introduction.html?showComment=1320109102841#c6483562562199974384

http://ridethesilverbullettrain.blogspot.com/2011/09/first-post.html#comments





\

No comments:

Post a Comment